Skip to main content

Teachers, You CAN take the time

Teachers, I took 10 weeks off from my job for surgery and radiation.  If anyone would ask me advice I would say if you can’t easily leave your job, don’t even go in. Not working was be\st for the kids (stability) , best for the sub (stability), and best for me.  Surgery and treatment went really smoothly, and the whole time I stressed about not being at school. I felt good enough to be there, however every time I considered it I got really anxious. I had weekly appointments. I didn’t always know what was going on either.  Add Covid precautions, remote teaching while teaching in person, and Covid stress and the answer was clear. It baffled me though that many people not affiliated with schools did not understand why I wasn’t working.  Going back to work is going surprisingly well and I’m really glad I took that time. I would do it again in a heartbeat.




Comments