Skip to main content

SURPRISE! You are done with radiation. 16/16

That was the phone call I got at noon today, and my response was...OOOKKKAAAYYY? And the resident that called me laughed. He asked, "Are you OK with that?" 

OF COURSE I'M OK WITH THAT! 

The short story is that they are happy with the 16 treatments that I've had and they think it is enough. 

The long story is my case is unique. It was a large area of contained cancer. They did 3 weeks of whole breast radiation. The next 5 treatments were supposed to be a targeted boost of higher radiation to just the cancer cavity which is large. Upon making my plan they discovered it is too large to do without risks. Basically the risks outweigh the benefit. They are more comfortable leaving me be than going forward with the boost which I most likely do not need. Sooooo......

YIIPPPPEEEEEEEEEE! 

I feel great and tomorrow I'm going back to work. You can now pray that I remember how to teach. :) What a roller coaster the last 14 weeks have been. 


Ready or not here I come 2nd grade! 

Comments

  1. Dear girl, you have certainly had your challenges and have met them with such strength. Peace and good health from now on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy for you! Crazy how treatment plans can change. Best off luck with your return to the classroom!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment