Skip to main content

We are still in a pandemic and I have cancer. Will someone tell my mom please? Going through 2020 like @#$%^&*(

And I'm a little mad at the world and honestly I'm not ready to tell my cancer story but I do have a funny story that I don't want to forget. Here is my funny story.

The hardest part of a cancer diagnosis is telling your mom. Especially if your mom is a cancer survivor. And she has survived it twice. And you've had to tell her you had a brain tumor while she was still doing chemo treatments.

On Wednesday I found out I have breast cancer. I will post details later. I knew I had to tell some people. I told my friends, some who knew I had the biopsy and I added a few more that I needed to tell right away, because I'm a teacher, in a pandemic, and I knew I needed their help. Then I told a few more people, my girls, and my siblings. I begged my sister to tell my mom because I DIDN't THINK I COULD. She wouldn't. So I worked up the nerve.

So I got her on facetime and I told her and she said to me. "You know the hardest part for me was telling my mom." OMG, how did she know how hard this was??? So she told me how she waited and waited. And then she finally got up the nerve, drove to her house (40 min. drive) and her mom wasn't home. So she WROTE HER A NOTE, and left it on her kitchen table, and went home. My mom, the strongest woman I know, WROTE A NOTE AND LEFT IT ON HER TABLE. This is seriously one of my favorite stories now.

Tell your mom. It will be ok.

I have a 2nd needle biopsy on July 21.



BTW I've had a meningioma and DCIS. I'm Sheryl Crow now.



Comments