Skip to main content

It is barely cancer! Stage 0

Today was all good news! It is completely contained, less than 1 cm. and an easy fix. Radiation is an aggressive precaution. I will have a lumpectomy on Aug. 14th, followed by radiation. They will not need to test lymph nodes and radiation is an aggressive precaution.  My cancer is estrogen and progesterone positive. I was told that I need to lose weight and drink less because fat produces estrogen and the liver breaks it down. That was the worst news of the day. :/ They did take my blood for genetic testing but that wouldn't change this surgery. It will just be good information to have with my family's history of cancer.

Something else I learned today is that this is an early stage that mammograms 20 years would never have caught. It IS good to live in the 2000s.

Here is my Timeline:
Aug. 4- MRI
Aug. 17-Covid Test and Radioactive seed placement
Aug. 19-Lumpectomy
Sept. 16ish- Radiation would start, every day for 4 weeks
Sept. 23rd- Considering going to back to work half days
Oct. 15ish-Finish radiation, back to work (very tentative)
Start estrogen blocker, (Tamoxifin)


Surgery has moved. 
Here is my new timeline:
Aug. 4- MRI
Aug. 12-Covid Test  
Aug. 14-Radioactive seed placement and Lumpectomy
Sept. 8ish- Radiation would start, every day for 4 weeks
Sept. 16ish- Considering going to back to work half days
Oct. 5ish-Finish radiation, back to work (very tentative)
Start estrogen blocker, (Tamoxifin)







Comments