Skip to main content

Radiation will begin Sept. 23rd/Just Kidding


Update: The hospital was hacked and it's IT systems is down. You can do radiation without tech so radiation is postponed until they get their systems up and running again. Read about it here.


Today I had a long appointment with my radiation oncologist. Healing looks good and we will radiate the whole breast for 3 weeks and then he will most likely target the area for a 4th week. One thing I am learning is the plan is always fluid. That being said there haven't been a lot of surprises or issues so that is good. 

We did CT simulation on my back but also on my front (not my favorite but doable). I have sharpie marks on my front and back because they aren't 100% sure which way I'm going yet. My area was actually large and went from the peck muscle to the outside skin so they are covering a lot of area and very close to the chest wall. He said I picked a good side though (right is preferable because of your heart being on the left). They will radiate the entire breast for 3 weeks and then for the 4th week they will target what needs to be targeted.  The recommended lotion is aquaphor ointment and I will begin that tomorrow. Fatigue gets worse as I go and continues for a couple weeks when finished. Radiation will kill cells and the healthy ones repair themselves. My appointments will be everyday for about 30 min. + 30 min. each way to drive. Also, in today's directions I am not supposed to lose or gain weight...so just when I was getting some momentum with weight loss again 😂😂!

I am happy to get this show on the road! I should be finishing up Oct. 23. 


Comments