Skip to main content

So surgery.....




My calendar knows me too well! 😆

So in the morning I found out that the third biopsy was in fact DCIS so I found out that I was actually having 2 lumpectomies, both on the right breast. All my biopsies were on the right. So the first biopsy on July 8 was DCIS, the second one on July 21 was benign, and the 3rd one was a result of the MRI finding and it was also DCIS. That dang MRI that I tried to talk them out of us was actually a lifesaver. The mammogram didn't catch this, the contrast on my MRI lit it up. So the upside to this is I really do not have a benign cyst problem so I guess I can drink caffeine after all?? Tamoxifen should take care of developing anymore DCIS and radiation will kill anything they missed. My reoccurence percentage is still only 3%. 

So at 10:00 I had two seeds placed and went to presurgery. They had my IV and monitors, hooked up by 11:00. Surgery was scheduled for 1:00 so I napped. 1:00 came and went. 2:00 came and went. 

Being impatient


Finally at 3:00 they came in and wheeled me away for surgery. It took about 1.5 hours, and it went well. I have one bandage over the area. I'm not positive if I have one incision or two to be honest and the bandage has to stay on for two weeks. I did came to in quite a bit of pain and asked for pain meds. That kicked in nicely and when my pain was at about a 2 we came home. I was home by 7:00. I felt pretty good. I was in way worse shape after gall bladder surgery. I wasn't nauseated or hungry but my throat did hurt because they did have a tube down my throat so we decided a shake from Runza was the right call. 


Getting ice cream


I took pain meds at 10:00 just to get through the night and this morning I feel pretty good. Took some Tylenol and I think it may be my last dose of pain meds. I do have to keep the dressing somewhat dry for two weeks so I'll be in my PJs watching netflix for some time but I'm not immobile and not in pain. I will try to walk but also try not sweat. Overall I feel really, really good and I can't stress that enough. Thank you for all the thoughts and prayers!!! 

And just like that my anxiety is gone. 

Pick me up gift bag from www.TheGracieFoundationinc.org 







Comments