Skip to main content

Clear margins! Happy tears!




My two spots of DCIS were removed with clear margins! They were 68 mm and 45 mm. 

Everything is going as expected. I'm healing well. This is the easiest surgery I have had to date. I can drive, cook, and clean.  I do NOT want to downplay how hard surgery CAN be. I did not have lymph nodes removed. I did not have drains. I had the best case scenario, even with two spots. I will say though the diagnosis, three needle biopsies, and MRIs were very difficult so when I say surgery was easy, the 4 weeks prior to that were not. It should be downhill from here. You can still pray that I have no obstacles or complications during radiation and that my energy level stays up during treatment. 

Now onto radiation (which is just an aggressive approach to ensure there are no cancer cells left behind). I updated my dates here



Comments