Skip to main content

This is becoming a health blog -how did that happen? -Gallbladder surgery and recovery


1 week post gallbladder surgery update:

Healing is going as expected, journaling details for my timehop.

Day 1: Didn't get into surgery until 12:30, they kicked me out at 4:00. I was not ready, very sleepy and nauseated.
Day 2: Happy that I felt like eating and feeling better than Friday evening.
Day 3-5: Pain going down each day, pretty much gone by Day 5. What was left was if I stretched too far. Some sharp pains in the side but they aren't so bad.
Day 6-7: Still taking it easy, careful not to stretch too far or sneeze.
Digestion, not good but not bad either. Hopefully this continues to get better.

Most of all this just happened so fast. I went from having some sharp pains around Christmas time, ultrasound, HIDA scan (that showed chronic gallbladder disease). Sharp pains mostly went away but surgery was scheduled so I went with it. Yes, surgery was easy compared to what I've been through but I'm still wondering if it was the right thing but also ready to move on. If you ask me if I feel better the honest answer is I don't know yet. I forget pain quickly.

Thank you for all your thoughts and messages. Once again I'm feeling a lot of love!

Comments