Skip to main content

Dear Andrea and Taylor Swift. Day made.

Dear Andrea, 

From one Warrior Mama to another. I do not know what kind of cancer you are fighting or what your treatment plan is but you are amazing!!  Your energy! I'm jealous of.  You made my 13 year old's birthday amazing and I will never forget.  All 13 year old Swifties should get this chance but let me tell you why an angel spoke to my Morgan, through you, in Omaha on Oct. 9.  

And Taylor, 

I know what is like to have your mom, your rock, diagnosed with cancer.  I was 22 when my mom was diagnosed with breast cancer. She fought, she won, she remained cancer free for 15 years. Then in Nov. 2014 she was diagnosed with lung cancer.  It was NOT related to the breast cancer it was a new tumor.  She has been fighting ever since, just finished chemo and we are waiting for the results of her PET scan. I remember Morgan telling me about your Tumbler announcement about your mom, we thought of Grandma (mom), we cried, we comforted each other and commented on how tough your family is, we did not know at that time what an inspiration you would be.  Then April 15, 2015 came. When Morgan came home from school, I wasn't there.  I was in the hospital with a brain tumor.  I had surgery the next day. I know your music comforted her this day and days after.  I know she related to your family and that you inspired her, somehow, through your music, letting her know I would be OK. She become strong for me, my rock, she cooked and cleaned for me.  She grew up fast under my tired eyes. On September 23, 2015 I got the word that my tumor was gone and that I am OK. 

So Andrea, 

Somehow, someway, someone spoke to you on October 9, 2015.  You picked us out of the crowd to join you at the B-stage.  You have no idea how much you made our day, my hard working, Swiftie's day.  She has dealt with more than any 13 year old should ever have.  I thank you from the bottom of my heart. SHE needed this, DESERVED this. She is still on cloud nine. (and she started guitar lessons last week)

Sincerely, 

   
(Your newest Swiftie) 
Now excuse me while a take a nap.  I'm still exhausted. Any tips, secrets?? HOW do you do it? 









Morgan when she was 7. 

The Hug
When I arrived home from spring break and heard your news,
The only thing I wanted to do was go home and hug you.
Three hours away, why’d you have to be so far?
But I decided you were worth it and got in my car.
On my way there I started to cry.
Thinking of the pain you’d go through and the chance that you’d die.
I quickly erased that thought out of my head,
And began to think happy thoughts instead.
I remembered all the times you were there for me,
When I needed a kiss because I’d skinned my knee.
I knew then everything would be OK,
And I will be there for you in every way.
But for now we just have to wait,
And see what will happen, leave it to fate.
God’s on our side, you wait and see,
Believe in him, he believes in you and our family.
As I pulled up into the drive,
I wondered if you were waiting for me to arrive.
I ran in the house and into your room,
Expecting to see a face full of gloom.
Instead you gave me a smile and a warm embrace,
And a huge smile grew across my face.
That hug told me you would be all right.
Will I worry again? Well, I might.
~Written by Amanda Thompson in 1999
https://wendy-nielsen.com/amanda-thompson/

Comments