Skip to main content

Grotto of the Redemption--He has Risen!

Here are a few pictures from our weekend trip to the Grotto of the Redemption.





What is this thing???


Jesus' tomb


the 9th station, Jesus falls for the third time. Next time I go back to the Grotto I need to take a picture of each station. Hindsight is 20/20. :/

Easter weekend was loaded with family and faith!  We headed to my parent's house and then off to my sister's.  On Good Friday I remembered that the Grotto of Redemption is located right in between the two and all of a sudden I was on a mission to take my girl's to a place I visited often as a child.  In fact I visited it so often I thought these Grotto structures made of all kinds of precious stones were located everywhere and this just happened to be one we drove by a lot.  Little did I know it was a rare site located in small town Iowa. It turns 100 this year and is a pretty remarkable site.  To read more go here and here.

Comments

  1. What a beautiful place. I'm a new follower and would love a follow back at sugarplumsandlollipops.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent post! I already add this to all my social bookmarking site!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment