- Left the Christmas budget up on the computer for first grader to look at, when Santa came she knew it was us.
- Then I had Easter baskets ready to hide and they were in plain sight in my bedroom before a trip. I asked my first grader to get me something out of my bedroom at that moment. If she had any hope about the Easter bunny, I ruined it right then and there. We had a heart to heart and she joined the
lyingkeep the story going for your sister team.
This year we royally screwed up we........
- Were ahead of the game wrapping stuff up ahead of time, only there was no forethought about what wrapping paper was from Santa and what was from us.
- The pink 4+ legos got slapped with a J tag (they were supposed to be for M) and neither one wanted the primary colored legos for 2-5.
- We messed up the stockings. I mean royally messed up. I couldn't remember whose was whose so all of J's stuff went in M's and vice versa. All J wanted from Santa was a stuffed monkey. Well M got it instead. M also got princess socks and J got a UNI stocking hat. They seemed thrilled (except for the princess socks) so we let it go....
But all in all Christmas was a hit despite our mess-ups and so far the 3 year old still believes. It is only a matter of time before she is smarter than us.
Some other highlights include....
- J opened up her KindleFire first and M said "no fair!" (Yes they both got Kindle Fires. I warned you!)
- Hubby had me so off track on my gift I was super surprised to open Keurig cups. (Yay!) J was even in on the decoy. "Here's your bracelet mom."
Posing with mom at her preschool sing!
What?! These say for ages 2-5!
Posing with Dad!
Teacher kid being naughty!
My new Land's End coat for 0 degree recess!!
And my new toy!!
J's new UNI hat that was supposed to be M's. I digress.